St. Petersburg State Medical University Invites You for Study!
Saint-Petersburg State Medical Academy originates from Psychoneurological Institute.created in 1907 by the famous psychiatrist Academician VM Bekhterev. The Institute has medical, legal and pedagogical faculties. In 1920, the medical school has been transformed into an independent institution – the National Institute of medical knowledge, which in 1930 was renamed the 2nd Leningrad Medical Institute. January 25, 1947 2nd ELAM was transformed into the Leningrad Sanitary-Hygienic Medical Institute (LSGMI). In June 1994, the Institute received the status and name of the Medical Academy of St. Petersburg State Medical Academy. Mechnikov (Dpt). The main clinical base Academy is a Hospital. Peter the Great in 2000 beds, built in honor of the 200th anniversary of St. Petersburg. It is a historical-architectural complex consisting of 50 buildings and is located in the park area of ??35 000 square meters. At various stages in the history of the university it worked outstanding scientists pathologists NN Anichkov (AMS president in 1946-1953.). FY Chistovich.
Benefits of studying in University
- Preparatory Training Program.
- Preventive Medical.
- Nursing higher education for foreign students.
- Training and professional development of teachers.
- Advanced Medical.
- Over the years the university has trained more than 30,000 doctors.
- Standard of Living as per European lifestyle.
- The academy trained about 4000 students, including 800 – from 50 foreign countries.
- English as the medium of instruction.
- 56 departments of the Academy successfully employs 600 teachers.
- The Academy is the leading medical center in the methodical Russia in the field of medical and preventive education .
- Dpt prepares physicians preventive health and clinical profile of more than 30 specialties
- Specialists in economics and health management, laboratory science, medical, psychology, management in nursing, ecology
- Degrees awarded by the Universities are recognised worldwide.
- The MCI clearing ratio of most of the Universities is above 50% in first attempt, while the rest clear in the second attempt.
- Students and parents get many references of students already studying or passed out successfully.
- Students who get back or cannot pass in any examination get to reappear in it within one month, which saves their year.