Stavropol State Medical University Invites You for Study!
Stavropol is an ancient city located in the North Caucasus. 1777 is considered a year Stavropol was founded as a fortress on the southern boundaries of Russia under the decree of Empress Ekaterina II. «Stavropol» is a Russian rendition of a Greek name «Stavropoulos» meaning «City of the Cross». There is a legend that soldiers have found a huge cross made of stone when they were building the fortress in the future city location.
Today the city of Stavropol is a large administrative, industrial, agricultural, scientific and cultural center of the North Caucasus with a number of historical monuments, museums, libraries, sport facilities, concert halls, hotels, supermarkets, and restaurants of national kitchen. For the religiously inclined people, the city has some Orthodox churches, and a Mosque.
Stavropol is a students’ city. There are more than 30 higher educational institutions where more than 90 thousand students are trained.
With the abundance of trees and flowers in the streets, parks and squares, Stavropol is among the greenest cities in Russia today, and is called the «Gate of Caucasus».
Stavropol is connected by air, railway and road to Moscow and other cities of Russia. There is an international airport in the city of Mineralnye Vody about 180 km away, 2 hours by bus.
Members of the following International Organizations
- World Health organization (WHO).
- Medical council of India(MCI)
- United Nations organization(UNO)
- International Association of Universities(IAU)
- European universities Association (EUA)
- European Association of International education(EAIE)
- World federation of medical education(WFME)
- Association of medical education of Europe(AMEE)
- International Education society (IES, London)
- International education Society(IES)
- European Credit Transfer System (ECTS),etc.
- Students and parents get many references of students already studying or passed out successfully.