Grodno State Medical University
Mission of the University Preparing of the specialists popular with high academic, expert, social and individual capabilities in the field of general medicine, medical psychology, medical diagnostics, nursing, and pediatrics.
Improvement of the fundamental and applied sciences in the field of populace health promotion; the advancement of new technologies and their execution in experimental, prophylactic and clinical medicine.
Vision of Grodno State Medical University is Picking up of the status of the main educational center in the health services system of Grodno area, Republic of Belarus and other world nations by methods for preparing of highly qualified specialists in the field of general medicine, medical psychology, medical diagnostics, nursing and paediatrics and by methods for improvement of the fundamental and applied sciences medical and social spheres.
History of The University
The Grodno State Medical Institute was set up in 1958, the primary enlistment of freshmen added up to 250.
On October 1, 1958, the Grodno State Medical Institute initiated academic studies (the main talk was conveyed by Prof. D.M.Golub from Minsk in Human Anatomy), and on October 15 the primary setting of the Academic Council occurred. To the main Institute, the organization had a place L.F.Supron – Rector (1958-1962), N.I.Arinchin – Vice-Rector for Research and Academic Affairs (1959-1960), V.I.Grusin – Vice-Rector for Management and Administration (1958-1961), G.I.Kiriliuk – Dean (1958-1962). Over the accompanying 36 years (from 1962 to 1998) the Institute was administered by Prof. Dmitri Maslakov. In 1964 the initial 248 medical doctors graduated on from the organization, 22 graduates were allowed Honors Diplomas. Toward the start of the 1960s, the primary average corridors of habitation were worked, in the 1980s the main lobby of living arrangement of bearing-wall construction was put into service.
Throughout the most recent 50 years, the Institute (and after that the University) graduated more than 16,000 physicians and graduate nurses. The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus expanded extensively enrollment in the University over late years.
During the 1990s, new (and the one of a kind in the Republic of Belarus at that) resources were built up: Faculty of Graduate Nurses (in 1991 – full-time department, in 1996 – part-time department) and Faculty of Mental Health Medicine (in 1993). Since 1992 International students have been prepared at the University (at present our medicinal University positions first among the organizations of higher learning in the city by the number of International Students). Over late years fare of educational services has been essentially expanded. In 2008 the Faculty of Medical Diagnostics was set up with two majors: “Medical Diagnostics” and “Nursing”.
The University has 5 faculties. The University offers five undergrad majors, 33 majors for clinical occupants, 20 residents for Ph.D. students. First master’s degree holders have been qualified.
Document Required For MBBS in Grodno State Medical University
- Passport Original with Copy
- 10th & 12th Class Original Marksheet with Copy
- 6 Passport size photo on matt paper
- 6 Month updated bank statement STUDENTS/PARENTS
- Admission Letter with Copy
- Visa Application Form (filled)
Main Research Areas in Grodno State Medical University
1.) Elaboration of methods of diagnosis and treatment of myocardial infarction, heart rhythm disorders, chronic cardiac failure, arterial hypertension and other pathologies of cardiovascular system.
2.) Modern methods of diagnosis and surgical correction of the most common diseases of the liver, bile ducts and pancreas; consequences of cholestasis for adult and developing body.
3.) Elaboration of new techniques of reconstructive osteosynthesis with bone graft and metal implants and unipolar prosthesis with chondroprotective properties in managing patients with femoral neck fractures.
4.) Elaboration of methods of diagnosis and correction of placental insufficiency.
5.) Elaboration of methods of early diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of somatic pathology in children under modern ecological conditions.
6.) Developing innovation technologies for diagnosis and treatment of liver damage of infectious and non-infectious origin.
7.) Current approaches to diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of mental and behavioral disorders.
8.) Elaboration of modern methods of diagnostics, treatment and rehabilitation of vascular and demyelinating disorders of the nervous system.
9.) Health assessment of population based on the data on social and hygienic monitoring of preventive measures on health improvement.
10.) Alcoholism and drug addiction: epidemiology, pathogenesis, prophylaxis and treatment.
11.) Elaboration of innovative import-substituting drugs with metabolic effects.
12.) Systemic mechanisms of oxygen blood transport and correction of hypoxic conditions.
13.) Development and employment of modern technologies of medical education.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Grodno State Medical University
- Grodno State Medical University is one of the main medical universities in the Republic of Belarus.
- Recognitions of our University are perceived by the World Health Organization, Educational commission for foreign medical graduates, by the medical councils of India, Lithuania, the USA. The graduates of our University effectively affirm their recognition in Great Britain, Australia, Germany, India, Pakistan, Poland, Syria, the USA and in numerous different nations.
- In 2010 Grodno State Medical University turned into the main medical establishment of advanced education in the Republic of Belarus, which actualized and guaranteed the ISO 9001 Quality Management System compared to the National Quality Management System (Стб ISO 9001-2009) and to the German Quality Management System (DIN EN 9001-2008).
- Grodno State Medical University got into the TOP 500 rundown of the world’s best Universities.
- Global Students have been learning at the college since 1995. What’s more, since 2003 college has been giving training in English during the entire time of studying. At present 531 worldwide students from 30 nations of the world investigation at the college.
- The college works in a joint effort with instructive and research focus of Poland, Germany, Russia, and different nations.
- Our students have chances to do down to practical training abroad.
- Grodno is a perfect spot for living and studying. The atmosphere of comfort and agreeableness gives you a feeling of safety and comfort. Here you can feel at home.