Kharkiv National Medical University Invites You for Study!
History of Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU)Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) was the first higher medical educational institution in Ukraine .it was founded as the medical faculty of Kharkiv. In 1920, the Medical Faculty was united with the Women’s Medical Institute, and Kharkiv Medical Academy was organized.
International & Indian Students in KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (KNMU)
- Since 1951 the University has been training specialists for foreign countries of the Eastern Europe, China, Mongolia, and since 1961 students from the countries of Asia, Africa, and Latin America have been studying here.
- Now, 1900 foreign citizens study at KNMU at the Medical and Dentistry Faculties, at the clinical postgraduate course. More than 3,600 specialists from 86 states of Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Middle East have graduated from KNMU since 1951.
- Among them 12 Doctors and 90 Candidates of Medical Sciences, about 200 postgraduates. The languages of instruction for foreign students are Russian and English. KNMU has become an important centre for international students who need expert teaching in learning.
KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY has passed a glorious historical way from a faculty to a higher school, which trains both high-skilled doctors, pedagogical and scientific personnel for medicine. The Kharkiv medical school has been known outside the country.
1951 – the University was among the first higher schools, which began training medical personnel for different countries of the world.
1996 – Admission of students for the English medium training began.
2010 – The work of the Preparatory Department for foreign citizens was resumed; a specialized Reading hall began its functioning.
The University has trained 4237 doctors from 86 countries of the world. Of them, there are 3 Doctors of Science and 70 Candidates of Medical Science, more than 200 residents. At present, 2500 international students, probationers, residents and postgraduates from 72 countries of the world study at the University.
MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University
The Medical course at the Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) takes six years and prompts MD (Doctor of Medicine) or MBBS. In the undergraduate program, during six years of concentrate, the student takes in various subjects from fundamental disciplines to special medical subjects. This is an energizing time in medicine as we anticipate growing new roads in health care excellence. The practice of medicine stays one of the most mentioned everything being equal and we accept that the Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) is an ideal spot to get medicinal knowledge and addition to the degree. We accept students are trying out Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) for the correct reasons – they need to give care for people and they feel that as physicians they can have any kind of difference in their communities. Therefore, we have incredible confidence that there is a splendid future for health care.The Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) is known nationally for its many innovative teaching, clinical training and research programs. Our award-winning faculty members constantly strive for innovation and excellence in the classroom, the laboratory and the clinic. Because the class size is relatively small, our faculty members get to know each student. It is one thing to say the University has terrific people and programs and another to prove it. The Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) is known internationally for its numerous creative teaching, clinical preparing and research programs. Our honor winning faculty continually take a stab at advancement and perfection in the classroom, the laboratory and the clinic. Since the class size is generally little, our faculty become more acquainted with every student. It is one thing to state the University has fantastic people and programs and another to demonstrate it. Admission to the medical staff happens subsequent to marking an agreement. Outsiders study in a group of seven-eight students. The second-year students go to their clinical investigations where they can pick up involvement in nursing the patients. Clinical subjects are shown starting from the third year of study. students can examine any point of intrigue and to raise they are of learning in the departments. Each of the six years of the program is significant and all must be passed effectively before students are allowed to graduate. The medium of instruction in the Medical faculty is English and Russian language. The Ministry of education and Ministry of Public health Ukraine approved the curriculum of the medical faculty of Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU). Most of the countries accept the Kharkiv National Medical University’s (KNMU) diploma. Advantage of doing MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University.
Advantage of doing MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical UniversityThe University is currently training about 7,000 students, among them 2150 foreign citizens, and its academic staff consists of more than 630 teachers, including 102 Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 387 Candidates of Medical Science, 32 members of academies, 17 Honored Scientists. Number of teaching/academic staff involved in teaching foreign students: total – 186, among them: doctors of sciences, professors (%) – 12.4; candidates of sciences, assistant professors (%) – 65.6.
- Is a member of the International Association of Universities, registered under UNESCO
- Has 7 Faculties, two of them 2 – training international students. Future doctors study in such specialties as General Medicine, Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine, Stomatology and receive the education-qualification level of a Specialist.
- Has 66 Departments, whose faculty numbers 821 specialists in sciences and pedagogy; of them, there are 122 Doctors of Medical Science and Professors, and 459 Candidates of Medical Science and Associate Professors.
- Has a high personnel potential: 5 corresponding members of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 17 Honored Workers of Science and Engineering of Ukraine, 3 Honored Workers of Higher School of Ukraine, 13 Honored Doctors of Ukraine, 8 winners of the State Prize of Ukraine in the fields of science and engineering, 28 members of public Academies of Ukraine; 28 members of international medical association
- Trains over 7000 students, interns, masters, clinical postgraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates.
- Is a modern multi-type educational establishments with its powerful scientific, material and technical basis, with use of up-to-date technical information technologies: multimedia, computers, particularly there is wireless Internet access ( Wi-Fi ) in all educational buildings of the University.
- Has 5 specialized academic councils for defending Doctor’s and Candidates thesis in 11 medical specialties
- Has the Central Research Laboratory, 4 problem laboratories, the Educational Scientific Centerbased on classrooms for phantom techniques of education and computerized classrooms, and theComputerCenter
- Is the place for functioning of 18 scientific-pedagogical schools
- Took part in 126 international and 340 Ukrainian scientific forums
- Cooperates with 18 foreign medical institutions
- Participates in the realization of 16 international projects; 65 of its workers are members of 67 foreign scientific and medical organizations
- Has the Coordinating Council of students’ self-government
- has the community museum of History of KhNMU, which in 2011 was awarded the title “The Perfect Museum”
- Issues its newspaper The Medical University
- Has six hostels, where each room has an access to Internet
- Has its Youth Center
- Has its complex for physical education and health improvement
- has its sports-health camp “Medic”
- received a title of honor “The leader of National Education” at the XII International Exhibition “The Modern Education inUkraine”.
Education System of UkraineThe Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine gives and ensures the quality of education of universal students studying in Ukraine. Universal students acquire state enrolled degree at Higher Educational Establishments which are authoritatively authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. In such a way, different universities, academies, and institutes are certified, yet in addition, authorized to arrange advanced education for global students. Universal students wishing to study in English medium may get admission without a moment’s delay to the primary course through us, we are authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science. Those candidates who choose to study in Russian medium must begin with the language course (establishment year). The language course essentially contains Russian language classes and teaches identified with future strength.
Important things about Kharkiv National Medical University, UkraineKharkiv National Medical University is perceived by the World Health Organization (W.H.O), U.S. Instruction Department, General Council of Medicine and Medical Council of India. In the wake of getting Degree of Kharkiv National Medical University, the students are qualified for applying in the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and The Professional Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) of the United Kingdom (UK) Medium Of Study MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University :- English
Semesters in Kharkiv National Medical University -: There are 2 Semesters in the academic year:
- Autumn Semester — From September to January ,
- Spring Semester — From February to June.